Trigger Error - "The domain policies associated with the user are invalid or non existent."

David Gentile

Jan 17, 2020, 7:18:58 PM1/17/20
to Google Apps Script Community
I had a client of mine set up triggers to run on the sheet I set up some edit/change scripts.

They've since been "spammed" with dozens of emails (due to the frequency of the triggers) with error messages. Here's the message

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 1.15.46 PM.png

I've not seen this error before ""The domain policies associated with the user are invalid or non existent.".

Any ideas? I'm going to move the triggers to my account to see if that helps and to stop the error messages for the client, but long-term it should obviously be run from their account.

Thanks!

Alan Wells

Jan 17, 2020, 7:59:45 PM1/17/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Who owns the spreadsheet?
What line of code triggers the error?
Do you have error handling in the code?
Does the error come from sending and email?  Setting values in the spreadsheet?

David Gentile

Jan 17, 2020, 8:14:01 PM1/17/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
My client owns the sheet.

It's strange as there is no execution error and there are no failed executions in the logs.
Checking the timestamp vs the execution log shows no execution at that time period.

It's like the code never runs at all, so there's no line I can point to.
But it does run other times just fine with no errors.

It's very strange...

I moved the triggers to my account and it's all running with no errors.

David Gentile

Alan Wells

David Gentile

Jan 18, 2020, 5:22:36 AM1/18/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Just to add to this...

I'm now getting these emails, every two hours exactly.

This spreadsheet used to be owned by another person. We needed to transfer ownership to my client, but had to make a copy of the sheet so they could take ownership of it due to domain issues.

The issues started after that. I imagine there is some kind of "domain policy" issue with my client's g suite account that is causing this.

David Gentile

David Gentile

Alan Wells

Jan 18, 2020, 11:13:31 AM1/18/20
to Google Apps Script Community
I did some searching on that error message but didn't find much information or anything that seemed relevant to your situation.
If anyone knows how to set the "domain policy" and how to navigate to it, I'd be interested.

David Gentile

David Gentile