Re: How to automate scenarios in google sheet using google script

Message has been deleted

Alex

Aug 4, 2020, 1:14:54 AM8/4/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Your task has a clear individual meaning. I'm not sure the community will work on it. Most likely you have two ways:
  1. Break the problem down into simpler linear subtasks
  2. Or hire a developer
Alex.

On Monday, August 3, 2020 at 3:28:49 PM UTC+3 sophi...@gmail.com wrote:

I have the attached google sheet and offline excel file. It has multiple columns using which I want to stimulate some process.

1. The user should not be allowed to update the 'add duplicate' value where 'duplicate' status is 'Not allowed'. If the user is add 1 in `add duplicate' column where duplicate status is allowed I need to copy all the rows of that particular Task to be copied and append exactly form where the Task ends.

For example, in the attached sheet if user add 1 in `add duplicate' column which is allowed for `Task 3` (row 4 to 8) I need to copy row 4 to 8 from row 9 and all the line items from row 9 will move below accordingly.

The Task name would be Task 3 only but ID got changed for those copied rows as `ID_3_1` and if again user perform the `add duplicate` in this new ID we will continue the same process and ID would be `ID_3_2` and so on.

2. If user add value as 1 in update, I need to highlight all the dependent Task with red color where 'Mark Status' is filled (other than blank).

3. If user add value as 1 in change type, I need to update the column B to I in `Test_1` sheet with `Put_list` but want to keep the `Mark Status` for common ID if it was marked before. Also, we need to highlight the dependent rows accordingly.

Once we update the column B to I we need to change the Name from 'Call' to 'Put'.

Excel sheet is also in the same format.