Merge to Classroom

Andy Cooper

Jun 17, 2020, 6:14:11 AM6/17/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi All,

I am reaching out to see if this exists or if there is a combination of scripts that could do what I am looking for. I am looking for a script that will merge data with a doc and output to a student within a Google Classroom assignment.
Quizizz creates a link to a player report which is unique but what I am trying to do is to share the data from a sheet as a pdf into the assignment for a student.
Quizizz I think submits a link as their work and hands in. What I am looking for is a teacher lead script that submits a doc or pdf as the student's work. Is this even possible.
I know other schools are looking for something similar so that they can share report cards direct to Google Classroom too.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. I am not an Apps Scripter at all sorry!

Andy

CBMServices Web

Jun 17, 2020, 6:23:11 PM6/17/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andy,

I am not very familiar with Google Classroom. However Google Forms do allow you to specify a file that can be attached as part of the response. If the response is an a assignment, then one of the questions in the form could be upload of a file whether PDF or a Doc or even images.

You do not need a script for that to happen.

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the persons addressed. We are sorry if the e-mail has come to you in error. Please reply to advise us but you should not read it, copy it, show it to anyone else nor make any other use of its content. The Weald takes steps to ensure e-mails and attachments are virus-free but you should carry out your own checks before opening any attachment. Any views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and not necessarily those of the School. All copyright in any material in this email is reserved.

Kim Nilsson

Jun 18, 2020, 6:59:27 AM6/18/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Andy,

it sounds like you would like to share content to a single student in Classroom?
Classroom's not really the best place for sharing with individuals.

ACooper

Jun 18, 2020, 7:19:09 AM6/18/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Kim,

If you have ever done a quizizz quiz it shares a player report link with classroom as their submitted work. I am looking to something similar with our data driving it.

Mr A Cooper
Leader of E-learning
International Links Co-ordinator
Maths Teacher
Google Trainer & Educator
The Weald School

Kim Nilsson

Jun 18, 2020, 8:52:28 AM6/18/20
to Google Apps Script Community
So, is there not an initial connection from Classroom to Quizziz? Like, you posting a quiz as an assignment, then the student click it to go to Quizziz and complete the quiz, and when done they there click Submit and Quizziz does the actual Submit, directly in Classroom?

ACooper

Kim Nilsson

Jun 18, 2020, 8:55:31 AM6/18/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Oh, forgot to ask.
Do you post the quiz from Quizziz, or do you only post it in a Classroom assignment

ACooper

Kim Nilsson

Jun 18, 2020, 9:19:49 AM6/18/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Cool, that means it's absolutely possible to do yourself, with the proper API call.

I had a quick look at the API, and compared to the available commands for GAMADV-XTD3, with regards to Classroom, and I feel it's wiki is missing some bits on how to create Coursework.

You should ask in the support group if it can be added, or if someone already knows how to do it.

With GAMADV-XTD3 you would then be able push data from any csv file, or Google Sheets to Classroom.