Didn't need to go through a review to publish an Add-on update

Alan Wells

Jun 7, 2019, 6:28:15 PM6/7/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I just published an update to an add-on, and it was approved without a review.  Although I never got an email stating that it was approved.  But the Chrome Web Store developer dashboard shows the new version as being published to both CWS and GS Marketplace.  So, I guess I've finally got the new scopes properly set.  This add-on does have the "external request" scope, but no restricted scopes.  It wasn't instant though.  It might have taken an hour or two.  I didn't know if we'd ever be able to publish an add-on again without a review.  Maybe it is reviewed, but done programmatically, if there are no scope changes.

Darren D'Mello

Jun 11, 2019, 8:11:51 AM6/11/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
The same experience with me too...

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019, 3:58 AM Alan Wells <aj.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just published an update to an add-on, and it was approved without a review.  Although I never got an email stating that it was approved.  But the Chrome Web Store developer dashboard shows the new version as being published to both CWS and GS Marketplace.  So, I guess I've finally got the new scopes properly set.  This add-on does have the "external request" scope, but no restricted scopes.  It wasn't instant though.  It might have taken an hour or two.  I didn't know if we'd ever be able to publish an add-on again without a review.  Maybe it is reviewed, but done programmatically, if there are no scope changes.

Faustino Rodriguez

Jun 12, 2019, 12:55:44 PM6/12/19
to Google Apps Script Community
In my case, the review was fast
But, it looks like they are not sending the email anymore, at least not in my last few updates