Google Apps Script (HTML serving) not loading on Chrome on iOS - unable to understand why

Fred Coughlin

Apr 15, 2019, 2:09:13 PM4/15/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi all,

I have been using some Google Scripts to run a variety of web pages, and at some point during 2019, noticed that my scripts no longer run on Chrome for iOS specifically.  Having now bashed my head against the wall several times over, I wanted to see if anyone out there had run into this issue, and if there was a known fix.

Specifically, I create a Google Script through Google Drive.  There, I create a simple script; in this case, I did so using one of the examples on the Samples section.  Namely, my Index.html file is:
<!DOCTYPE html>
  <head>
    <base target="_top">
  </head>
    Hello, World!
and my Google script is:
function doGet() {
  return HtmlService.createHtmlOutputFromFile('Index');
}

When done with that, I publish the project (Publish -> Deploy as Web App), enable it as running as myself (because I'm typically serving information from myself), and allowing anyone (even anonymous) to run it.  From there, I publish.  (Example in this case:  https://script.google.com/macros/s/AKfycbzdNlk7cjMe5s01956U5YBreUigITH6nvZBMo_S6Vmdmz5IjgQ/exec )

When I go there on desktop, it works perfectly well.  I get the warning at the top that the application was created by another user, etc., and the terms of service, followed by the content (in this case, "Hello World!".  When I go there on the Chrome app on iOS, I get the warning/terms of service bar, but no content below.  Using Safari on iOS seems to work (but I try to stick to Chrome because I like it better).

I tried to hunt through the console (chrome://inspect) but no messages/etc appear in the Chrome interface there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if there's something obvious I missed.  I hadn't been sure if it was something like Bootstrap or Angular, but even a basic Hello World like above seems to fail, stumping me.

Thanks,
Fred

Adam Morris

Apr 15, 2019, 9:01:24 PM4/15/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
I've also noticed a problem with some of my appmaker instances also
not working on Chrome iOS (it uses Apps Scripts as a backend). There
are ways to debug remotely but I haven't tried that yet.
> --
> Visit this group at
> https://groups.google.com/group/google-apps-script-community.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-apps-script-community/d53bcfb9-13bd-4052-97ac-43e58294ff0d%40googlegroups.com.

*Adam Morris** | IT Systems & English Teacher | **IGB*
* International School*Jalan Sierramas Utama, Sierramas,
47000 Sungai Buloh, Selangor DE, Malaysia

*t *+60 3 6145 4688
*f *+60 3 6145 4600
*w *www.igbis.edu.my
*e adam....@igbis.edu.my <adam....@igbis.edu.my>*