App Script sheet add-on visibility

Diogo Teixeira

Mar 16, 2020, 1:40:34 PM3/16/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Currently, I have an add-on (Google Apps Script) for Sheets, that was created as My Domain(on the g-suite group). However, I want to change to public now. I already look on the G Suite Marketplace Suite SDK but it doesn't have any possibility. After check here and the documentation I found out that it's impossible to change it after the creation. However my question is it's possible to delete this add-on and create a new one as public?

What would be other possibility?

Thank you for the help

Alan Wells

Mar 16, 2020, 1:55:19 PM3/16/20
to Google Apps Script Community
I wouldn't delete anything until you get the new add-on published, or at least make a copy of the Apps Script file.  You can certainly publish a new add-on, and publish it as being public.  You can publish multiple add-ons.  It doesn't matter if they are identical or almost identical.  You can publish an add-on as public but unlisted, so in the future, you could publish it as public but unlisted.  And you can uncheck the box to "Unlist Application"  and then update the change.  So if you could first published it as unlisted, and then when you wanted it to be public, then you could uncheck the box so that you wouldn't need to delete it, or publish a different add-on.

Alan Wells

Mar 16, 2020, 1:58:10 PM3/16/20
to Google Apps Script Community
I'm not sure if you can successfully remove the GCP project from your current Apps Script project, then associate your current GCP project with a different Apps Script project.

Diogo Teixeira

Mar 16, 2020, 2:16:06 PM3/16/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
That part is impossible. However, how can I achieve create another add-on? When I enter the G Suite Marketplace SDK it only shows the private one and I'm now able to create a new one.
I'm hi doing this on the wrong place?

Alan Wells

Mar 16, 2020, 2:57:51 PM3/16/20
to Google Apps Script Community
You need both a new Apps Script file and a new GCP project.  Are you the owner of the file?  You must have created a new GCP project when you publish the add-on?  Is the Apps Script file bound to a document?

Diogo Teixeira

Mar 16, 2020, 3:05:44 PM3/16/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Yes, I'm trying on a different AppScript file and I'm the owner. However, I'm on the same GCP project. I have to create a new one? That means if I want to have five different addons I should have five GCP projects?

Alan Wells

Mar 16, 2020, 3:56:40 PM3/16/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Yes, if you have 5 add-ons, you need 5 GCP projects.

Diogo Teixeira

Mar 16, 2020, 6:18:25 PM3/16/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Thank you for the help!