New Account Awareness and Multiple Sign-in Issue

Steve Webster

Jul 10, 2019, 10:31:03 AM7/10/19
to Google Apps Script Community

Romain Vialard

Jul 10, 2019, 10:47:27 AM7/10/19
to Google Apps Script Community
That might actually worsen the problem.
People will see a clear notification from Google that they are opening the spreadsheet with the proper account. Yet, the dialog powered by Apps Script inside this spreadsheet will run with another account (or won't run because lack of authorization).

Darren D'Mello

Jul 10, 2019, 11:42:52 AM7/10/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
That's very bad. Google isnt taking any action on this. Eric informed us once that he had put this issue to Engineering team.

Alan Wells

Jul 10, 2019, 1:06:27 PM7/10/19
to Google Apps Script Community
It's good to know about this new feature.  It could certainly make the user more aware of which document is being used with which account.  I don't think it will explain to the user why they are getting the authorization error.  My first impression is, that it's not really a fix for the problem, and doesn't provide any built-in way for the developer to inform the user about what the problem is.