Apps Script & Google Sites

Duya

May 23, 2022, 6:24:11 AM5/23/22
to Google Apps Script Community
hi, everyone.

Hope this finds you well.

I am here to ask for your assistance regarding Google Sites with Apps Script.

Is it technically doable down below??

> Want to Do
Introduction of  new members on google sites (internal corporate portal site)

>How to Do
1. new member answers to the questions (that are related to self-introduction) on google forms
2. their answers go to the designated spreadsheet.
3. Apps Script on the spreadsheet commands that every time they send the answers via google forms, those information will go show on the google sites.
(if Apps Script on Sites can do the above-mentioned, that would be also nice)

*my concern is that this may not be doable since I have found the source recently.
You can browser-translate it to English

Thank you for your support.

Duya from Tokyo

Andrew Roberts

May 23, 2022, 7:12:08 AM5/23/22
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
As far as I remember it isn't possible to work with the "new" GSites with Apps Script.

Clark Lind

May 23, 2022, 7:14:18 AM5/23/22
to Google Apps Script Community
Hello Duya,
(my response concerns 'new' Sites, not 'Classic' sites).
The link you shared describes what is possible with Classic Sites, and it is no longer supported.

1 and 2 can be done quite easily as is without apps script as you probably know. For #3, you can not edit 'New' Site pages. But what you can do is edit other content that a Sites page displays.

For example, if you embed a Google Doc on a Site page, you can manipulate the Google Doc content with Apps script, and it will be updated on the Site page when viewed.

This is a workaround I have had to do since moving from Classic to New Sites on our Corporate Site.

Good luck!

Ryuya Sakurai

May 23, 2022, 11:17:26 AM5/23/22
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Andrew.

Thank you for your response and cooperation.

Truly appreciate it.

Duya

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Google Apps Script Community" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-apps-script-community/CAN1QPJRkAZVty8xG%2B6u4JcQr6hj%2BqTcVa_xS-%3DUk0g%2B09qfvvg%40mail.gmail.com.

--

Best Regrads,

Ryuya Sakurai (櫻井 龍弥)

Ryuya Sakurai

May 23, 2022, 11:21:53 AM5/23/22
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Clark.

Thank you for your response and the detailed advice.

I will work on it as you have advised.

Truly appreciate it.

Duya.

Michael O'Shaughnessy

May 23, 2022, 9:29:27 PM5/23/22
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
I would like to add to this conversation because I am working on something very similar.

I needed a way to have users be able to see data they submitted BUT only their data.  I knew there had to be a way and I found this site: https://script.gs/display-user-specific-spreadsheet-data-on-a-web-app/  And it worked great!  BUT, the web page looked boring. So this got me going on a journey of frameworks and libraries and oh my!!  I settled on W3.CSS and Tabulator.

I put together a working public Github repo for anyone to have a look at.  Here is the link: https://github.com/michaelos02/public_tabulator

Hope this is helpful!

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-apps-script-community/CA%2BO6BfVm53a8mfwgDELZHynG6k8H95CNqOnAhbgBTR6HPrptxA%40mail.gmail.com.

Akshat Jindal

May 25, 2022, 6:01:41 AM5/25/22
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi Duya,

This can be achieved by publishing a web app and embending it into google site we have developed many apps like this Feel free to contact us.

Duya

May 26, 2022, 8:33:15 PM5/26/22
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi,

Thank you for your very helpful information and advice.!

I will go check right into it.

Thank you.

Duya

Duya

May 26, 2022, 8:34:52 PM5/26/22
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi, Akshat.

Hope everything goes good for you under the recent circumstances.

Thank you for your tips.

I will go check it now.

Appreciate your support and have a nice one!

Duya