Apps scripts timing out randomly

Geoffrey Quick

May 7, 2024, 12:08:25 PMMay 7
to Google Apps Script Community
I have two apps scripts which read data from a google spreadsheet and send it by email to an email address.
emailJobDetails sends job details to a user entered email address
after the user enters a job number which extracts the job data from
a particular column in a spreadsheeet.

emailJobDetails_1 sends job details to two email addresses extracted
from the spreadsheetm after the user enters a job number which extracts the job data from
a particular column in a spreadsheeet.

Most times the scripts run fine within 6 minutes execution but sometimes
they time out at 6 minutes and no message is given to the user
that the job has failed.

Please advise how these apps script could be improved to execute faster,
or how they could be split into smaller apps that avoid the
6 minute execution time limit

both apps scripts attached and a specimen column from the spreadsheet.

Thanks in advance

Geoff
emailjobdetails_1.rtf
TARNS Jobs Log v2.ods
emailjobdetails.rtf

Geoffrey Quick

Jun 8, 2024, 4:17:39 AM (9 days ago) Jun 8
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi there,

I've had no suggestions as to how to make my scripts more efficient so that they run without randomly timing out.  Any suggestions where I can go for help please ?

DimuDesigns

Jun 8, 2024, 7:13:33 AM (9 days ago) Jun 8
to Google Apps Script Community
A few tips.

Message has been deleted