Google Next'19 announcements / news / discussions

Romain Vialard

Apr 9, 2019, 12:02:45 PM4/9/19
to Google Apps Script Community
As Google Next sessions will start soon I'm creating a dedicated post to discuss the announcements (directly or indirectly related to Apps Script) :)

Adam Morris

Apr 9, 2019, 6:06:30 PM4/9/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
😳

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 12:02 AM Romain Vialard <romain....@gmail.com> wrote:
As Google Next sessions will start soon I'm creating a dedicated post to discuss the announcements (directly or indirectly related to Apps Script) :)

————————————————————————————

Adam Morris | IT Systems & English Teacher | IGB International School
Jalan Sierramas Utama, Sierramas,
47000 Sungai Buloh, Selangor DE, Malaysia

t    +60 3 6145 4688
f    +60 3 6145 4600
w   www.igbis.edu.my
e    adam....@igbis.edu.my

————————————————————————————

Romain Vialard

Apr 10, 2019, 12:11:41 PM4/10/19
to Google Apps Script Community

Martin Hawksey

Apr 10, 2019, 12:40:47 PM4/10/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
... is it me or are there no updates

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019, 17:11 Romain Vialard, <romain....@gmail.com> wrote:
Screenshot_20190410-173850.png

Jasper Duizendstra

Apr 10, 2019, 12:54:24 PM4/10/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Same for me, but there where some a few hours ago..
Kind regards / Met vriendelijke groet,

Jasper Duizendstra

Romain Vialard

Apr 10, 2019, 1:26:02 PM4/10/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
G Suite add-ons provides a way for people to access their favorite workplace apps in the G Suite side panel to complete tasks, instead of toggling between multiple apps and tabs. Employees can now consult a CRM tool for information while drafting a Google Doc, add tasks into a project management tool straight from an email in Gmail, and more. Today, we’re introducing new G Suite Add-ons to help you keep work flowing, including Copper, Workfront, Box, and others.

Romain Vialard

Apr 10, 2019, 1:35:35 PM4/10/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Get more done in less time with G Suite Add-ons beta http://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com/2019/04/gsuite-add-ons-beta.html

Romain Vialard

Apr 10, 2019, 1:45:32 PM4/10/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com

Steve Webster

Apr 10, 2019, 3:11:57 PM4/10/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
How is G Suite Add-ons (beta) different with current add-ons?

Kind Regards,

Steve Webster
SW gApps, President
Google Product Expert in: Google Apps Script, Drive, and Docs
Google Vendor (2012-2013) || Google Apps Developer Blog Guest Blogger
Add-ons: Text gBlaster and Remove Blank Rows

Tom

Apr 10, 2019, 5:03:06 PM4/10/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I believe these new add-ons work across browser and mobile.  They are similar to the gmail add-ons introduced last year.

But I wonder, if I create one of these new add-ons, will I (eventually) have the option to make it available to regular google users?

Also, what happened to the new v8 runtime?  I didn't see any announcement about that.  I know there is another day, but the list of announcements looked fairly final.

Tom

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 1:45 PM Romain Vialard <romain...@gmail.com> wrote:
@martin, indeed, they changed the URL, this one is working: https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com/2019/04/summary-next-2019-announcements_10.html

Le mer. 10 avr. 2019 à 09:40, Martin Hawksey <m.ha...@gmail.com> a écrit :
... is it me or are there no updates

Eric Koleda

Apr 17, 2019, 8:48:48 AM4/17/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi Tom,

G Suite add-ons will work on both Consumer (@gmai.com) and G Suite accounts. The new name is meant to reflect the fact that the same add-ons work across many products in the suite, not that they are limited to only certain user accounts.

The v8 runtime is still being worked on, but no beta or release date was announced.

- Eric

Tom

Apr 17, 2019, 8:57:31 AM4/17/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Thanks for the update - that's very helpful.

Hopefully they announce the v8 runtime at I/O, and (in my dreams) they also make it available as a runtime for the new Cloud Run service eventually.

Tom

Dimu Designs

Apr 17, 2019, 9:02:03 AM4/17/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
@Eric Koleda

According to this post V8 has been in beta since Google Next 2018... Is this wrong?

Eric Koleda

Apr 17, 2019, 9:17:28 AM4/17/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
It's being used internally, but I'm not aware of any non-Googlers that are using it. That said, I could be wrong.

- Eric

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 9:02 AM Dimu Designs <dimud...@gmail.com> wrote:
@Eric Koleda

According to this post V8 has been in beta since the 2018 Google Next... Is this wrong?