Properties Service Taking FOREVER

Jacob Edward

Apr 29, 2019, 4:36:04 PM4/29/19
to Google Apps Script Community
The quota says you get 500kb... if you want to fill the whole properties store in one process with 50+ 9kb segments, it takes way too long... I thought it was suppose to be something like RAM, or is that just the CacheService?  Is there anything else?  Cache is suppose to only last for 20 minutes and is limited to 100kb per script... right?  Per script?

Adam Morris

Apr 29, 2019, 7:57:33 PM4/29/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
There do seem to be a lot of questions about CacheService lately. Documentation says default is 10 minutes but max is 21600 (6 hours).
————————————————————————————

Adam Morris | IT Systems & English Teacher | IGB International School
Jalan Sierramas Utama, Sierramas,
47000 Sungai Buloh, Selangor DE, Malaysia

t    +60 3 6145 4688
f    +60 3 6145 4600
w   www.igbis.edu.my
e    adam....@igbis.edu.my

————————————————————————————

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 4:36 AM oughtimpliescan1 <oughtimp...@gmail.com> wrote:
The quota says you get 500kb... if you want to fill the whole properties store in one process with 50+ 9kb segments, it takes way too long... I thought it was suppose to be something like RAM, or is that just the CacheService?  Is there anything else?  Cache is suppose to only last for 20 minutes and is limited to 100kb per script... right?  Per script?

Jacob Edward

Apr 29, 2019, 8:03:24 PM4/29/19
to Google Apps Script Community
It also says 100kb per key... does that mean I could just load terabytes into CacheService in 100kb chunks all within the same script?

Adam Morris

Apr 29, 2019, 9:01:45 PM4/29/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
I don't know what the max storage is but the point of a cache is that if you pass it by attempting to store more values, then it'll flush to accommodate which will not be available on next call; you have to code to anticipate that.
At least, that is my own working understanding of how it works.
Your use case sounds like you might be interested in the library I wrote which makes all this a cinch.