Developing GSuite add-ons for clients

Monique Szpak

Jul 31, 2019, 4:33:17 AM7/31/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi all,

I have several add-ons published in the GSuite Marketplace using my own personal GSsuite account. I also have a GSuite business account and domain.

I'm getting approached to develop GSuite add-ons for clients and am trying to find up-to-date info about what I need in order to do this.

I don't want to manage their entire GSuite acct, just develop add-ons that they then own and host.

I would imagine that the client needs a GSuite Team/Business account with me as a team member with access to their Cloud Console and Developer Hub.

Do I advise the client to acquire this if they haven't already or perhaps I should have a Google Reseller/Partner account?

How do other devs build and manage add-ons for clients?

Have been reading Google's own pages but feel I'm going down a rabbit hole.

Any info that might clarify things and get me started would be much appreciated!

Andrew Roberts

Jul 31, 2019, 4:44:51 AM7/31/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I would imagine that the client needs a GSuite Team/Business account with me as a team member with access to their Cloud Console and Developer Hub.

This is the approach that I take. I'll request a "functional" account first, like d...@theirdomain.com, which could be used by anyone once I've gone to manage the script/add-on. And if there is a lot of ongoing work, or other devs at the organisation I'll ask for a personal account on their domain too, like and...@theirdomain.com, so we can track who has being doing what.

And failing that if they don't want to sign up for a GSuite account they could always create a dedicated consumer account for you to use, like dev_the...@gmail.com.

As you know there are certain things only the owner of a script can do, so one I definitely try to avoid is developing on my own account and then hand-holding them to transfer everything to their account - that never goes well!

Monique Szpak

Jul 31, 2019, 5:06:13 AM7/31/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Thanks Andrew! Definitely want to avoid transfer option, have heard its a painful process.