Script runtime quota

Jordy van Leeuwen

Mar 2, 2020, 3:41:10 AM3/2/20
to Google Apps Script Community

Hi all,

Maybe someone can help me with a issue. The script runtime quota should be 30 minutes  / execution. This is true for the /dev environment. If i trigger the execution here it runs ok, for about 12 minutes untill it's done. But on the /exec environment the same function stops running after 6 minutes (and 8 seconds). Exceeded maximum runtime. Why?

Thanks for helping me out!

Andrew Roberts

Mar 2, 2020, 4:27:28 AM3/2/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
The max run time for a Gmail/consumer account is 6 minutes.

Jordy van Leeuwen

Dimu Designs

Mar 2, 2020, 7:01:30 AM3/2/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Are you sure you are on the Business tier? There are 3 payment tiers; Basic, Business and Enterprise (See Pricing). According to the documentation, you need to be on either the Business or Enterprise tier to get the 30 minute execution quota.

Jordy van Leeuwen

Mar 2, 2020, 8:58:21 AM3/2/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Yes I'm in the business tier for sure!

Alan Wells

Mar 2, 2020, 9:12:38 AM3/2/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Is this a Web App?  Is the "exec" Web App running as the user? How did you publish it?

Jordy van Leeuwen

Mar 2, 2020, 10:00:38 AM3/2/20
to Google Apps Script Community
It's a web app indeed, runnig as user_deploying, so it should be as me (the GSuite Business user).

Alan Wells

Mar 2, 2020, 10:18:57 AM3/2/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Your script should not time-out at 6 minutes.  Somethings wrong at Google.