doGet(e) - pathInfo?

ChiefChippy2

Oct 6, 2019, 6:33:24 AM10/6/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Hello,
I was messing around with web apps when I made a discovery :

I entered this URL : ( the id is fake, the real URL works )

To my surprise, it loaded the same page it would load without /index.html

I wondered if there is a way to capture this, and it showed up in the event objects in doGet(e) as pathInfo.

2B64FA68-256B-4503-939E-7B033F73ACAF.jpeg

But for some reason, I checked all the documentation on doGet on google developers, and there is no mention of this.

Riël Notermans

Oct 6, 2019, 6:44:15 AM10/6/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Hmm, nice find.

It would return paths like

exec/v1/contacts/insert for example?

Would make nice endpoints that are compatibele with our express routes.

ChiefChippy2

Oct 6, 2019, 6:59:53 AM10/6/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Yes, although not the exec.

Execution Transcript :
Logger.log([{parameter={}, contextPath=, contentLength=-1, queryString=, parameters={}, pathInfo=v1/whatever/api}, []]) [0 seconds]

On Sunday, October 6, 2019, Riël Notermans wrote:
Hmm, nice find.

It would return paths like

exec/v1/contacts/insert for example?

Would make nice endpoints that are compatibele with our express routes.

Op zo 6 okt. 2019 12:33 schreef ChiefChippy2 <soloui...@gmail.com>:
Hello,
I was messing around with web apps when I made a discovery :

I entered this URL : ( the id is fake, the real URL works )

To my surprise, it loaded the same page it would load without /index.html

I wondered if there is a way to capture this, and it showed up in the event objects in doGet(e) as pathInfo.

2B64FA68-256B-4503-939E-7B033F73ACAF.jpeg

But for some reason, I checked all the documentation on doGet on google developers, and there is no mention of this.

Trevor Scanlan

Oct 7, 2019, 8:52:49 AM10/7/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
index is a default file it looks for if there is no /page appended

Trevor Scanlan
Technology Assistant
Shenandoah Community School District
304 West Nishna Road