Is there a limit to how many times a time-based trigger can run a function per day?

Davis Jones

Jun 10, 2019, 11:48:43 AM6/10/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Hello GAS folks,

I'm looking for the Google Apps Script Current Limitations and having a hard time seeing if there's a limit to the number of times a function can be triggered per sheet per day. For example, if I want a function to automatically run every 15 minutes, is that going to break a quota? I'm also seeing the "script time" limits. If I'm running a function that takes ~15 seconds to run on my machine, is that ~15 seconds of "script time"?

Basically, I just want to make sure that I'm not developing my program in a way that will cause it to exceed these quotas for myself or for someone running a regular (not GSuite) gmail account.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Davis

Alan Wells

Jun 10, 2019, 2:05:56 PM6/10/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Triggers total run times are:
Consumer account: 90 min / day
GSuite: 6 hr / day

I have seen many posts at Stack Overflow stating that they were getting error messages way before the quota was hit for some quota.

The trigger would be running 96 times a day, for 15 seconds is only 24 minutes.  It should be way under the quota.

I believe that the script run time in the Execution Transcript is the run time on Google's servers.  Not the total time from call to rendering in your browser.

Steve Webster

Jun 10, 2019, 2:12:54 PM6/10/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Another consideration is to determine if the every 15 minutes trigger can run like that within a certain period of time. For example, it is possible to write code to run every 15 minutes during a block of time like from 8am to to 5pm local time.

Kind Regards,

Steve Webster
SW gApps LLC, President
Google Product Expert in: Google Apps Script, Drive, and Docs
Google Vendor (2012-2013) || Google Apps Developer Blog Guest Blogger
Add-ons: Text gBlaster and Remove Blank Rows