Coding a connector for Data Studio (without using data studio)

Bruce Mcpherson

Oct 23, 2021, 8:22:41 AM10/23/21
to Google Apps Script Community
This series of articles will work through how to create a connector for Data Studio in Apps Script. For an introduction into the structure I’ll be following see Creating a connector for Data Studio

This article will go through coding up the functions required to feed Data Studio, but we won’t actually connect to Data Studio till a later article. The source data will be the github apps script project catalog from Every Google Apps Script project on Github visualized. We’ll be using the Apps Script library that knows how to get the data from Apps Script projects on github. The live scrviz app can be found here. Creating a Data Studio connector will allow a more detailed , customizable analysis of the 4000+ projects scrviz has cataloged.