How can I fully remove a Google App script from a Google Slides presentation?

Alexander Farr

Dec 8, 2023, 4:00:54 AM12/8/23
to Google Apps Script Community
Dear community,

I associated a Google App Script with a Google Slides presentation and now I don't know how I can "remove" it again. I opened the script editor, deleted all the code, saved it. When I returned later and copied the file, I was still informed that the script was bound to the file.

I did not see a button to remove the script, thus I wanted to ask if you know a way how I can do so?

Many thanks!

Andrew Roberts

Dec 8, 2023, 5:55:25 AM12/8/23
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
In the editor go to the Overview option in the top-left, then you will see a "Delete project forever" bin in the top-right.

appscriptquestions2

Dec 8, 2023, 6:19:17 AM12/8/23
to Google Apps Script Community
Thanks - good point. For some reason, this button is greyed out (see photo attached). Do you have an idea why this could be the case?
Screenshot 2023-12-08 115904.png

Andrew Roberts

Dec 8, 2023, 6:23:24 AM12/8/23
to Google Apps Script Community
I can only think you are logged into a different account to the one that created the script project.