Convert visible default Cloud Project to standard project

Alan Wells

Jul 9, 2020, 8:27:27 AM7/9/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to switch a default Cloud Project associated with an Apps Script project to a standard project?
When I try to associate a new Apps Script file to an existing Cloud Project, I get the error:
You cannot switch to an Apps Script-created Cloud Platform project.

Which means that the Cloud Platform project is original default project.
I tried changing ownership of the Cloud Platform project from my free account to my GSuite account, and I was able
to successfully change ownership to my GSuite account, but the Cloud Platform project still remains a default Cloud Platform project.
When an Apps Script project is created, a "default" Cloud Project is automatically created and associated with the Apps Script project, but it is hidden and there is no way to display it. (That's not my case)
However, there are some "default" Cloud Projects associated with Apps Script projects that are visible.
This is a special, unique case that happened for older Apps Script files.
Those are from old Apps Script projects that were created before a change was made.
So, I've got a visible Cloud Project associated with Apps Script project that is still a default Cloud project.
I want to associate a different Apps Script project file with the current Cloud Project.
But I can't do that because the visible Cloud Project is a default project.
It's for an editor add-on.
Because the Cloud Project was set up to be an add-on, it was made visible even though it's still a default project.
Google should have just changed the visible default Cloud Project to a standard Cloud Project instead of just making it visible and leaving it as a default project.
I don't want to loose the current G Suite Marketplace listing, and all the users associated with that listing.
So, I don't want to publish a new add-on listing.
But I'm stuck with a default Cloud Project for the add-on when it should be a standard Cloud Project.

Alan Wells

Jul 9, 2020, 8:21:46 PM7/9/20
to Google Apps Script Community
I signed up for support using the free trial, and submitted a case for this problem.
Hopefully someone at Google can manually convert the Cloud Project from "default" to "standard."

Andrew Roberts

Jul 10, 2020, 2:49:19 AM7/10/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
I didn't think we were able to see "default" cloud projects. Didn't the old Apps Script connect to a standard cloud project?

How can you tell the difference?

Alan Wells

Jul 10, 2020, 7:56:40 AM7/10/20
to Google Apps Script Community
In special situations you can see the "default" Cloud Project.
But only for the situation where your add-on was published before
there was a distinction between "default" and "standard" Cloud Projects.
There is nothing that you can do, to force a "default" Cloud Project to be visible.
My add-on is "old."  It was set up before there was a distinction between "default" and "standard" Cloud Projects.
Google left the old default Cloud Project FOR ADD-ONS PUBLISHED BEFORE THE CHANGE
as visible because otherwise you wouldn't be able to see your add-on settings maintain it.
They should have automatically converted default Cloud Projects used to publish add-ons to a standard
Cloud Project, but they didn't do that.