Using add-on to authorize current document to 3rd party app

Troy Christmas

Jul 31, 2019, 5:56:03 PM7/31/19
to Google Apps Script Community
For some reason, couldn't find a clear answer searching the docs, so here I am.

Goal.  Use Google add-on to enable user to authorize my separate web app to access the user's Google Docs in the future via the drive.file scope.

I've seen how to grant the apps script/add-on access, but not sure how to do this to give my separate web app access.

  • Can I do this with the Drive service or Advanced drive service?
  • Can I use urlfetch?

Any details, examples, resources would be extremely helpful.

Daniel Florey

Aug 1, 2019, 4:55:12 AM8/1/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
I doubt that this is possible. You'll have to create / open the file with the app that will later access it using the drive.file scope.
When authorizing the file with you add-on the clientId / clientSecret is different and as such it will not work to send the authorization to a different app.

Kind regards,

Daniel Florey

floreysoft GmbH
Telemannstraße 22, 20255 Hamburg, Germany
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg
HRB 106613
Geschäftsführer: Daniel Florey

Troy Christmas

Aug 1, 2019, 9:34:39 AM8/1/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Daniel, thanks for your answer. If I am using urlfetch, must I use the client id/secret of the add-on or can I use that of my web app?