Google Doc Error page for my stand alone embeddable script

Jacob Edward

Apr 4, 2024, 1:59:23 PMApr 4
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Not sure what the problem is, I didn't change anything about the underlying deployment code and my project would throw an error differently so...

I've had to fallback on the direct download and that still has a b64 image jig deployed with GAS still working so its not like my whole account is frozen or whatever
Screenshot_20240404-105103.png

Ed Robinson

Apr 5, 2024, 12:33:10 AMApr 5
to Google Apps Script Community
I don't think this is common, but it does happen. Probably some corruption in the object storage bucket, of either the document or an object (like your image). These are stored separately to the document. I've found copy/download is the only solution.

Jacob Edward

Apr 14, 2024, 7:02:17 PMApr 14
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
So I asked someone on discord to check out my project and it did work for them... Why would it fail on my device but not on theirs?  It's my document...

Ed Robinson

Apr 14, 2024, 8:56:28 PMApr 14
to Google Apps Script Community
I don't know why "It works for someone else, but not for you". Its probably not the intended behavior, something is misbehaving in the object storage. The only reassurance I can give you is: you're not alone, it happens to a lot of us working with Google Apps Script. We just figure out ways to work around the issues.

Jacob Edward

Apr 14, 2024, 11:54:02 PMApr 14
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
It's been years, I've never experienced this before... Like I have to rewrite the intro with btw guys, Google sometimes doesn't feel like it...