"google.drive.com refused to connect" editor add-on error

Pierluigi Montagna

Apr 23, 2020, 6:41:07 AM4/23/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi guys,

We've a published spreadsheet add-on on the marketplace, recently (since approximately the first of march) some users started to report the following error while trying to use the add-on: "google.drive.com refused to connect". The error is show as soon as the add-on UI is loaded and looks like a connection error.

drive error .png

We have tried to collect HAR files from the users, however nothing specific is shown there. Some of them reports that switching browser (from chrome to firefox) or switching account fixes the issue.

The number of users reporting this error is increasing each day, any advice on the issue can be helpful, is anyone experiencing a similar behavior ?

Alan Wells

Apr 23, 2020, 7:37:20 AM4/23/20
to Google Apps Script Community

Darren D'Mello

Apr 23, 2020, 7:48:46 AM4/23/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
This has been happening for our add-ons too...

Pierluigi Montagna

Apr 23, 2020, 8:07:24 AM4/23/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Thank you aj,
Yeah I've found that too, however the one proposed sometimes doesn't fix the issue, if the user goes incognito they still reports that it doesn't work. In this case they switch browser.

Pierluigi Montagna

Apr 23, 2020, 8:09:05 AM4/23/20
to Google Apps Script Community
We actually are not able to reproduce this on our side, but users reports on this keep building.
Have you found out a way to reproduce the issue ?

Romain Vialard

Apr 23, 2020, 10:11:54 AM4/23/20
to Google Apps Script Community
It seems to mostly impact people who are connected to several Google accounts at the same time.

Darren D'Mello

Apr 23, 2020, 9:04:22 PM4/23/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
No hopes that this error will be fixed soon.

I think this will go for another 2 years.