Is it possible to run a web app created in script.google.com on my own domain?

Jiří Janda

Aug 9, 2022, 6:58:05 AM8/9/22
to Google Apps Script Community

Hello,

Can someone help me? Is it possible to run a web app created in script.google.com on my own domain? When I deploy the web app in Google app script the system returns a unique URL like: https://script.google.com/a/macros/myOwnDomain.cz/library/d/18qJI1iiZe3VVc3zmd7zvNW1w7qiJKgkrTRZzIiXmurDdFx5GJVcyetR, but I need the displayed URL to be for example www.myOwnDomain.cz/app.

I'm a Google Workspace user and have my own domain redirected here, but I don't know how to make the app appear on that domain.

Thanks in advance, Jiri

Clark Lind

Aug 9, 2022, 7:33:49 AM8/9/22
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi Jiri,  I don't think so unless you have a Google domain. The code will always run on Google servers. I think what you can do though is certainly call it from your domain, and maybe use url redirect/forwarding.
So when a user clicks on  www.myOwnDomain.cz/app it redirects them to the published script. I don't know how to do that, but that would be the approach I would take before getting the whole Google Workspace domain.

Michael O'Shaughnessy

Aug 9, 2022, 5:45:08 PM8/9/22
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
I have a possible solution....  I have been successful in embedding Web Apps into a Google Site (https://developers.google.com/apps-script/guides/web#embedding_your_web_app_in_google_sites).  I also know that you can connect your own domain to a Google Site (https://support.google.com/sites/answer/9068867?hl=en) although I have never done this before.

You might want to give this a try.

CBMServices Web

Aug 9, 2022, 6:24:20 PM8/9/22
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
A webapp always runs on Google servers only.

However, it is just a URL link that invokes it, so you can call it from anywhere, from your website, from an email button, from a spreadsheet, etc..

So if you want to run it from your website, just put the link there to invoke it.