Bad Request Error 400

Matthew Weymar

Jan 28, 2023, 9:49:55 PM1/28/23
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi there,

I can't pull up the Apps Script page, or edit a Macro I created in Sheets. I have been getting "Bad Request Error 400"s not just for a day or two, but for many days.

Browsers - I've tried Chrome, FF, Safari - are reporting too many redirects.

I've also tried sharing the Sheet with another Google account and editing the macro from that account, but I experienced the same thing.

Any suggestions?

With gratitude,
Matthew

Halicate

Jan 29, 2023, 12:38:00 AM1/29/23
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi Matthew,

I assume that you have already tried to make a copy of the sheet and test it on the copy...

(You asked for any suggestion... ;-))

Matthew Weymar

Jan 29, 2023, 4:45:07 PM1/29/23
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi Halicate,

I love your suggestion. I should have thought of that, but hadn't. Unfortunately, though, I got "too many redirects" and "Bad Request Error 400" again on a copy -- and on a copy of a copy of the Sheet I'm working on.

Your suggestion prompted me to try to launch Apps Script from a new Sheet, but I got "too many redirects" and "Bad Request Error 400" again in a new Sheet.

I had a lot of windows and tabs open in Chrome, which I figured could pose a problem, so I've relaunched Chrome and got "too many redirects" and "Bad Request Error 400" when trying to launch Apps Script from the Sheet I'm working on -- and also on a fresh Sheet.

This can't be a problem with Google's servers at this point. It's been days and days of getting this same error.

I must either be "doing something wrong," or not doing something I could be doing to solve this.

Looking forward to more ideas! :)
Matthew

Halicate

Jan 29, 2023, 11:35:04 PM1/29/23
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi Mattew,

let me continue trying with more shilly things... can you create, open and run any other stand alone script (or a new one), not associated with any sheet?

It's just to narrow down the problem... It seems you have an infinite redirection loop in some area. You have already eliminated a browser bug (well, have you tried in incognito mode?)... You can access to your Drive... it rests App scripts (next try) and, finally , the prime suspect... the sheet

Bad Request Error 400 is a nightmare. Stay hard...

Halicate

Jan 30, 2023, 7:04:41 AM1/30/23
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi again, Mathew

Once you've previously ruled out environment issues (browser, account, cookies, copy,...)  as far as I understand your question (sorry for my english) , main problem is just to access to your script in order to examinate it and trace its execution to identify the statement causing the error.

On this case, you would try to open your script, not thru your sheet, but directly editing only the code (not the container) in https://script.google.com/home/my (or in a copy in a different account if you can't).
If you finally edit your script, you could execute an stand alone version (changing active sheet references by ID ones) and, by logging execution, find out the trouble.

If I missundesrtood the problem, my apologies...

Tom Doan

Feb 6, 2023, 6:24:34 AM2/6/23
to Google Apps Script Community
Here you go, fresh off the press:

Cookies cleared for script.google.com.
Ad blocker disabled.

WTH, Google?

Tom Doan

Feb 6, 2023, 6:38:00 AM2/6/23
to Google Apps Script Community
UPDATE: It works in incognito mode. What does this mean? How did it get so messed up? Maybe I should've created a different browser profile for every new Google account when prompted.

Jessica Su

Feb 12, 2023, 12:44:06 AM2/12/23
to Google Apps Script Community
I'm completely new to this, and I had the same error. I then tried on a different google account and it worked.. not sure why, but have you tried using a different account?
Message has been deleted

Maxim Chartrand

Feb 17, 2023, 8:41:03 PM2/17/23
to Google Apps Script Community