Share code app script

Pietro Bombardieri

Sep 29, 2022, 10:53:22 AM9/29/22
to Google Apps Script Community
Hello,
I created a google sheets shared with same users
I created a code in app script: if I modify cell A, cell B return the date of modification

But it works only with me; if an other user modifies cell A, cell B dosen't return the date of modification

Do you know what's the problem?

Thank you

Pietro

CBMServices Web

Sep 29, 2022, 2:21:00 PM9/29/22
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Pietro,

Most likely cause is authorization of the script.

Have the other editor manually run the function to force the authorization pop up and from then on it should work for them.

Other option is ensuring the function can be run as a simple trigger with no authorization requirement  this means stripping out of the function anything that violates the simple trigger rules.

Pietro Bombardieri

Sep 30, 2022, 2:48:52 AM9/30/22
to Google Apps Script Community
How can I turn the code in a simple trigger?

function onEdit(e) {
  if ([1].indexOf(e.range.columnStart) != -1) {
    e.range.offset(0, 83).setValue(new Date());
  }
}

Thank you

CBMServices Web

Sep 30, 2022, 3:39:07 AM9/30/22
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Just naming the function the reserved name "onEdit" turns it into a simple on edit trigger function.

But there are strict rules on what a simple trigger can do, you can only play with the spreadsheet container, don't try  to use other services like GmailApp or whatever.

Hope that helps.