Add-on updates

Andrew Apell

Feb 27, 2020, 8:40:13 AM2/27/20
to Google Apps Script Community
I'm trying to update my add-on but keep getting this error under "Configuration" settings:

Error

Sorry, there's a problem. If you have entered information, check it and try again. Otherwise, the problem might clear up on its own, so check back later.

Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Amit Agarwal

Feb 27, 2020, 8:43:46 AM2/27/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com

I've been experiencing this as well since morning.

Andrew Apell

Romain Vialard

Feb 27, 2020, 9:04:54 AM2/27/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Indeed. When opening the Configuration page, the "script version" field is empty, when it should never be (as you must have selected a version when publishing for the first time).

Screenshot 2020-02-27 at 15.03.40.png

Darren D'Mello

Feb 28, 2020, 11:09:56 AM2/28/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
The same is true for me as well. Is this issue resolved today?

How can we overcome this?

Screenshot 2020-02-27 at 15.03.40.png

Andrew Apell

Screenshot 2020-02-27 at 15.03.40.png

Ihor Stefurak

Feb 29, 2020, 5:11:17 AM2/29/20
to Google Apps Script Community
It's definitely a bug. Let's bring some attention to the issue opened by Amit https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/150325704 by commenting there.

Amit Agarwal

Feb 29, 2020, 8:33:45 AM2/29/20
to Google Apps Script Community
It's been 3 days now and 30 people have starred the issue but there's no official confirmation on the Issue Tracker if they are working on resolving it :(

Andrew Apell

Feb 29, 2020, 3:36:15 PM2/29/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Hello Amit,
Shouldn't the issue type be "Bug" instead of "Feature request"? I'm hoping that will somehow help.

Darren D'Mello

Mar 2, 2020, 4:08:18 AM3/2/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Any update on this?

Faustino Rodriguez

Mar 2, 2020, 7:43:53 AM3/2/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Same problem on my side
I just reported the error from within the GCP console

Mani Doraisamy

Mar 2, 2020, 8:01:39 AM3/2/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Some one from Google has marked this issue ad P1 bug: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/150325704 .  Hopefully, we will get the fix soon.

Steven Bazyl

Mar 2, 2020, 1:09:42 PM3/2/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Quick update -- I did hear from the eng team and a fix is coming. Expect the issue to be resolved in the next 2 or 3 days.

Andrew Apell

Andrew Apell

Mar 4, 2020, 3:03:51 AM3/4/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Hello guys,
It seems this issue has been fixed. I managed to successfully update my add-on yesterday.
I have also just checked and the configuration is still holding.

Amit Agarwal

Mar 4, 2020, 3:08:54 AM3/4/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
They are probably still rolling out the fix.

I still see the same issue at my end.

On Monday, 2 March 2020 21:13:08 UTC+3, Andrew Apell wrote:
[...]

Steve Webster

Mar 4, 2020, 12:29:33 PM3/4/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Rollout is complete per issue tracker.

Kind Regards,

Steve Webster
SW gApps LLC, President
Google Product Expert in: Google Apps Script, Drive, and Docs
Google Vendor (2012-2013) || Google Apps Developer Blog Guest Blogger
Add-ons: Text gBlaster and Remove Blank Rows