Is it possible to copy a range of cells with Script?

Israel Alexander Vargas Lopez

Sep 2, 2021, 1:11:34 AM9/2/21
to Google Apps Script Community
In my job I need to copy a range of cells and paste it into an email, but Script list is giving me options to copy to another spreadsheet, I need to have it like with the dot line marked.

Darren D'Mello

Sep 2, 2021, 4:23:02 AM9/2/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Could you please share further details. What does dot mean?

On Thu, Sep 2, 2021, 10:41 AM Israel Alexander Vargas Lopez <i.va...@24-7intouch.com> wrote:
In my job I need to copy a range of cells and paste it into an email, but Script list is giving me options to copy to another spreadsheet, I need to have it like with the dot line marked.

Israel Alexander Vargas Lopez

Sep 2, 2021, 5:47:29 AM9/2/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
My apologies, when you copy normally (with CTRL+C) you'll see the dotted line around the selection and once you paste it disappears but you can keep pasting that in another tabs as much as you want, now if I do this with a script, I can't keep that in the clipboard and paste it in another place (word, email or any other place).

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Google Apps Script Community" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-apps-script-community/CAHeo4XjyRnUz0Geh0EqRFeUazEQGHML42abAs7SJvm0OOrxM-A%40mail.gmail.com.

Ed Sambuco

Sep 4, 2021, 12:54:46 PM9/4/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
As I understand it,  you cannot use JS server side code to copy to a clipboard.