Google Picker called from GAS is no longer searching

Faustino Rodriguez

Sep 30, 2019, 11:13:07 AM9/30/19
to Google Apps Script Community
A few months ago I wrote a GAS code to invoke the Google Picker using the example/suggestions from this page
It is still working, BUT now the searching box option is no longer providing results, as it did before
I mean, if I search for the word "testing", it shows no results at all, even though there many files including that word, even in the title

Is anybody having that problem? (see screenshot below)

Faustino Rodriguez

Sep 30, 2019, 11:32:00 AM9/30/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I just found a fix, in case it's useful for somebody else
Now, we need to add this line to the picker definitions
picker.enableFeature(google.picker.Feature.SUPPORT_DRIVES)

for the search to work
they might have changed the default value for that ;)

Alan Wells

Sep 30, 2019, 11:44:11 AM9/30/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I just checked my code to build the picker and it has the:

picker.enableFeature(google.picker.Feature.SUPPORT_DRIVES)

Line, but I have no code comment, and I'm not sure why I put it in there, or where I got the information.