Add quantity and summary transaction page - Apps Script on Google form

Brian Hyun

May 15, 2020, 8:47:22 PM5/15/20
to Google Apps Script Community

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm doing a small experiment where we want to test if target customers purchase products thru us (basically grocery delivery service). I've built a site using a Google form and there are two things I need Apps Script

1) Currently, once they select an item, they can't add quantity. Is there anyway to add a quantity box if they select a specific item?

2) Once they select all the items they want, I want to create a summary page at the end displaying the list of products, prices and total (just like checkout page when you order products from Amazon)

Please let me know if you need any further clarification.

Very much appreciated!

Alan Wells

May 15, 2020, 9:41:56 PM5/15/20
to Google Apps Script Community
There is no built-in way to conditionally either show a text box for a quantity entry or not depending upon the checkbox choices.  And there is definitely no way for a Google Form to summarize the prices into a total.  You could do that with an Apps Script Web App, and an Apps Script Web App can be embedded into a Google Form.  So, unless you can do the programming yourself, I'm not sure whether it would be worth pursuing.

Gitesh Kohli

May 16, 2020, 4:04:44 AM5/16/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
we faced this issue quite a bit, hence we started using sheets popUphtml, sheets itself can host all the info

Andrew Roberts

May 16, 2020, 5:02:48 AM5/16/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
@Alan This line caught my eye:

"an Apps Script Web App can be embedded into a Google Form"

How do you do that then?

Brian Hyun

May 16, 2020, 5:07:35 AM5/16/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Thanks a lot for your response. I guess it was not possible without actual programming. Would you recommend any site I can hire someone to do it on behalf of us?

Brian Hyun

May 16, 2020, 5:08:28 AM5/16/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Thanks for the message. Would you please provide a bit more detail on popUphtml? I googled and it seems like another programming language?

Andrew Roberts

May 16, 2020, 5:19:11 AM5/16/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
If you would like a hand with your project drop me a line (and...@roberts.net) or take a look at this list of other Apps Script devs.