Add two Number-type columns in Tables

Nicole Wodnicki

Jul 1, 2022, 5:02:52 PM7/1/22
to Google Apps Script Community
I followed the instructions to use an Apps Script bot to add two columns in a Table. Found the instructions here. https://support.google.com/area120-tables/answer/10011387

It just won't work and will not add the calculated number to the TOTAL column.

Snag_4c434769.png
Snag_4c444716.png

R Tichy

Jul 1, 2022, 5:06:30 PM7/1/22
to Google Apps Script Community
add.png
You're trying to overwrite an existing function?

Nicole Wodnicki

Jul 1, 2022, 5:12:10 PM7/1/22
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to learn Google Tables and this is my first try at using an Apps Script bot.  I simply created a single Table with three columns and want to add col 1 with col 2 and have the the App Script bot enter the total in column 3.

Nicole W. | Founder

White Star Dealer Services LLC
21720 W Long Grove Rd
Suite C 190, Deer Park, IL 60010-3752

R Tichy

Jul 1, 2022, 5:42:43 PM7/1/22
to Google Apps Script Community
I don't know anything about this, but it must be significant that the first function has a name in black, and the second function definition is in gray.

R Tichy

Jul 1, 2022, 7:46:31 PM7/1/22
to Google Apps Script Community
All I am suggesting is that the first thing *I would try* is to rename your "add" function something else.  Put nw_ on the front, e.g. and if the editor color changes the function name to black, I bet it works, then.