Update? on the CWS migration to the GSM

Faustino Rodriguez

May 14, 2019, 8:24:50 AM5/14/19
to Google Apps Script Community
The main post about the Chrome Web Store migration to the G Suite Marketplace was last updated on April 8, 2019
- It is still showing dates like January 25 and March 10 (on or after) as the "switching" dates

However, I got an email last week that mentioned a new date with more certainty, it says as follow:

"You must take action to migrate your listing, because after June 1, 2019 Chrome Web Store add-ons will be unlisted and users will not be able to install your add-on if you do not have a listing on G Suite Marketplace. See more details in the Chrome Web Store migration blog post."

Does anybody has some other information or references?

Thanks, Fausto

Romain Vialard

May 14, 2019, 9:50:45 AM5/14/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Sorry no, I'm assuming many add-on creators didn't bother to do the extra work and publish their add-on on the G Suite Marketplace, so Google has delayed the update and is sending reminders to convince more people to migrate their listing...
Also this last email could have been more helpful (I received it as well) as it doesn't indicate which add-on(s) hasn't yet been migrated.

Faustino Rodriguez

May 15, 2019, 1:33:55 PM5/15/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Thanks @Romain , you are right, that message does not provide details on the pending add-ons
In mi case, it should be one that I left unlisted in the CWS but didn't migrate to the GSM

I guess that when they switch over to GSM, there would be a few hundreds add-ons listed ...