Menu Bar in App Script Editor missing

Peter Silversmith

Apr 7, 2023, 8:46:45 PM4/7/23
to Google Apps Script Community
In my App Script EDITOR, the menu bar at the top (File..Edit..View..Insert..   etc). is not there - so I can't do many things, like View:  Logger.log().
Any suggestions to get this menu to display in Apps Script EDITOR much appreciated.
Thank you.

Peter Silversmith

Apr 7, 2023, 9:30:24 PM4/7/23
to Google Apps Script Community
Further review: This version apparently puts Logger info in between execution info at bottom.  Not what I am used to, but I'm OK.  Thanks all.

Waqar Ahmad

Apr 10, 2023, 2:51:39 AM4/10/23
to Google Apps Script Community
Looks like you are referring to Legacy Editor which is not offered anymore.
Google has upgraded the code editor. You need to learn the new one.
You can use console.log instead of Logger.log. After that, you find the logs in Executions tab from left bar

Alyson Swerdloff

May 9, 2024, 2:19:45 AMMay 9
to Google Apps Script Community
I am experiencing the same issue. I can't seem to get out of the Legacy Editor and into the newest version.

Blair

May 9, 2024, 11:21:54 AMMay 9
to Google Apps Script Community
Allyson, If you're experience the same "issue" then you aren't in the Legacy Editor. Peter's issue seems to be that he's looking for the menu from the Legacy Editor. If you also aren't seeing that menu, then you are in the new version.

Blair

May 9, 2024, 11:22:33 AMMay 9
to Google Apps Script Community
I meant Alyson. Sorry for misspelling.