Converting google spreadsheet into editable HTML table, ideally with two-way sync

Andrew Roberts

Sep 30, 2019, 3:11:56 PM9/30/19
to Google Apps Script Community

Turning a GSheet into a static HTML table is easy enough, but does anyone have sample code for converting a google spreadsheet into editable HTML table, ideally with two-way sync??

I can see how it could be done by making "contentEditable" or using an array INPUTs, but it sounds like a road someone must have gone down before, and my Google search hasn't brought up anything that is particularly useful yet.

Thanks in advance.

ChiefChippy2

Sep 30, 2019, 3:47:53 PM9/30/19
to Google Apps Script Community

But doesn't embedding the google sheet do the same purpose ( of 2-way syncing? )

Andrew Roberts

Oct 1, 2019, 4:27:23 AM10/1/19
to Google Apps Script Community
By default the embedded spreadsheet is read-only, but I did find a way around that: https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/133689-how-to-embed-an-editable-google-docs-sheet

You can replace the URL embedding gives you with the one you get when you share a sheet that is editable by anyone.

Clark Lind

Oct 1, 2019, 10:15:44 AM10/1/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I've used the Datatables (datatables.net) library to give users some control over the table (via published webapp script), but not two-way syncing.