Help regarding auto sort

Nikolas Thiel

May 30, 2019, 12:10:25 PM5/30/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com

Is there a way to sort images inside Google Drive in a specific Path with subfolders to create a folder with year, month and day based folder.

The original image should be on the old place just a "copy". You can give files/folder multiple locations.Like: image01.jpg is also in folder/folder/image01.jpg
With CTRL+Z (on Windows) you can do it.

I'm not that far in creating scripts. Still learning. I wounder if some one has something like that.

This is what i mean:
In "root-of-drive/images/folder" images are which are sorted by events. Like marry and so one. I would like to create folder inside images with date based sorting.
Like i shoot i photo at 25.03.2005 and uploaded it in the folder "root-of-drive/images/folder". The script would create a "copy" or give the file a second location at the folder "root-of-drive/images/dates/".
25.03.2005 is the date (EXIF) so the script would create the folder 2005 (Year), and 03 (Month) and 25 (Day). So the image is also been found at the folder "root-of-drive/images/dates/2005/03/25/"
This means the image is at two location:
root-of-drive/images/folder/images.jpg
root-of-drive/images/dates/2005/03/25/images.jpg

I hope you understand what i mean. Images are attached.
I don't use Google Photos because of many photos it's getting really lagging in the web version on PC. (It's maybe due tab limitation or sort of).
Anmerkung 2019-05-30 180753.png
Anmerkung 2019-05-30 180829.png

Darren D'Mello

May 30, 2019, 8:50:34 PM5/30/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
When you upload the photos to the root of the drive, I understand that a copy must be made and placed in the date hierarchy...

If I am not mistaken..

On Thu, May 30, 2019, 9:40 PM Nikolas Thiel <nikot...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Images are attached.

I hope you understand what i mean.
I don't use Google Photos because of many photos it's getting really lagging in the web version on PC. (It's maybe due tab limitation or sort of).

Nikolas Thiel

May 31, 2019, 12:37:38 AM5/31/19
to Google Apps Script Community
That is correct.