Google Forms service disruption?

Alan Wells

Feb 4, 2020, 2:46:10 PM2/4/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Multiple people are reporting a couple of different problems with Google Forms.
  • The add-on menu button is no longer showing up.
  • But, the add-on menu button will show up when opened in a browser from incognito mode
  • Add ons are not working
The G Suite status dashboard

isn't showing a service disruption, but it seems like that's what it is.

Faustino Rodriguez

Feb 4, 2020, 2:54:34 PM2/4/20
to Google Apps Script Community
similar disruptions for G Sheets add-ons on my side and as reported by many users ...

Robert Gagliano

Feb 6, 2020, 11:38:06 AM2/6/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Exactly the same issues for me also. Many users reporting:
  • the puzzle piece icon not displaying or only displaying after several refreshes
  • Once the add-on is clicked the Help menu item is only displayed
  • Triggers not firing but still showing as active when checking the trigger service
I reported the Help menu issue on their public issue tracking in October (https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/142778221), but it was closed shortly after as they were unable to reproduce it. Right now, I am directing people to G Suite support, but it seems like a cop out to the end user.

Is there anyone we can speak to a Google to look into these issues? If they are happening to many of us, surely we could provide ample data for them to review.

Steve Webster

Feb 6, 2020, 11:52:20 AM2/6/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
I've noticed this also within the G Suite Editor add-on for Sheets for a couple of years now -- only the Help menu appears.

Kind Regards,

Steve Webster
SW gApps LLC, President
Google Product Expert in: Google Apps Script, Drive, and Docs
Google Vendor (2012-2013) || Google Apps Developer Blog Guest Blogger
Add-ons: Text gBlaster

On Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 2:46:10 PM UTC-5, aj.addons wrote:
Multiple people are reporting a couple of different problems with Google Forms.
  • The add-on menu button is no longer showing up.
  • But, the add-on menu button will show up when opened in a browser from incognito mode
  • Add ons are not working
The G Suite status dashboard

isn't showing a service disruption, but it seems like that's what it is.

Kos

Feb 6, 2020, 2:11:25 PM2/6/20
to Google Apps Script Community