Multiple Tabs button on WebApp

Super Ideas

Feb 24, 2020, 6:34:45 AM2/24/20
to Google Apps Script Community

Hello Group,

I need that when adding a sheet in Google Sheets, a tab is automatically added in the start menu of my WebApp with the same name of the sheet.

Any ideas?

see attached image

Regards,
Diego
Tabs Multiples.jpg

Alan Wells

Feb 24, 2020, 8:44:01 AM2/24/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Install a trigger for your spreadsheet with change type "OTHER" and test for whether it runs when a new tab is added.  I'm not sure if it works, but you can try it for yourself.

From code editor, choose "Edit" and "Current Triggers"
button - Add trigger

There is obviously a lot more that you'd need to do, but if you want it automated, then that's the starting point.

The spreadsheet can't find what browser tab your web app is in, and reload it.  So, the Web App would need to "poll" for a change.  I'm not sure if that is feasible for you.