Test as add-on not working

Victor Negîrneac

Oct 27, 2019, 2:33:58 PM10/27/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Hello, dear apps script community!

Is anyone else experiencing the following problem (see attachment) when trying to test a script as add-on on a new file?

Hope it gets solved soon

Kind regards,
Victor

Screenshot 2019-10-27 at 18.12.57.png

Monique Szpak

Oct 28, 2019, 7:06:44 AM10/28/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I'm getting this too today, cannot test add-on at all. Also quite a lot of errors saving the script, every 3rd save or so I'm getting "Service unavailable". Looks like they are having server-side issues.

Monique Szpak

Oct 28, 2019, 7:26:09 AM10/28/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I've also got this twice today in two different projects, the first was a sheets-bound script that was about 6 months old, the second a brand new stand-alone add-on.

"We're sorry
The project at this URL could not be found. Make sure that you have the right URL and that the owner of the project hasn't deleted it."

This happened just now in the second project, just after getting the test as add-on message and it was reloading the project.

Monique Szpak

Oct 28, 2019, 7:34:25 AM10/28/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Blimey, its all going pear-shaped. My new add-on project reappeared in the editor. I opened the Cloud Console and it showed no projects and a permissions error. I refreshed the page and it showed a single project from a different account than the account I was actually logged into. It lets me open the Dashboard for this rogue project but every box just shows "Data unavailable".

I'm not getting anywhere with scripting today, think I'll just have to give it a rest and see if the service is fixed later.

Alan Wells

Oct 28, 2019, 9:04:30 AM10/28/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I have had many errors, "Failed to connect to server" from the code editor.
That has been going on for days.
I have stopped testing add-ons from the code editor, because of the issue with triggers not working from the "test add-on" feature.
But I never want to publish an add-on from a bound script, so I need to copy the code from the bound script over to a stand alone.
I'm wondering if this issue is related to the problem of the browser not being able to determine what account goes with which app in the active browser tab.
Are you logged into multiple Google accounts?

Monique Szpak

Oct 28, 2019, 9:18:44 AM10/28/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I have several linked google accounts but switch to only one at a time, i.e. I don't have script editors or other google pages open with different accounts.

It was all working without serious issues until this morning. Was getting occasional red service errors but nothing that greatly disrupted my workflow.

Tim Johns

Oct 28, 2019, 2:59:04 PM10/28/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
A coworker just sent me this exact issue which I was able to reproduce as well. We both get the same "Unable to load file" error when clicking 'select doc' while testing as add-on.

Looks like someone recently created an Issue in Issue Tracker here, might be worth starring:

-Tim

Monique Szpak

Oct 30, 2019, 8:28:41 AM10/30/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Comment #10 on the issue tracker gave me the idea to try pulling my code from BitBucket to a document-bound script.

I was sceptical as there are 5 html and 4 gs scripts but after being prompted to reload the project there they all were. I ran function onOpen() from the editor and the add-on was listed in the sheet menu and  I was able to load the sidebar. Execution transcript was viewable back in the project also. Not the ideal way to go here but it gets me over a bump for now.

Thank goodness I store every script in a repo!