sheet.appendRow() adds data way down in sheet with lots of blank rows in between

Alan Wells

Apr 18, 2019, 4:37:42 PM4/18/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Multiple people have reported issues with sheet.appendRow() adding the data way down in the sheet, out of sight, and with many blank rows in between the data and the row where sheet.appendRow() adds the data.

I don't know whether the user mistakenly adds cell content, and then removes it, but there is something unseen in the cell evaluating as a value, or if this is a real bug.  If it is a bug, then I'm guessing that duplicating it could be very difficult.

Martin Hawksey

Apr 18, 2019, 4:52:15 PM4/18/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
From memory one cause of this behaviour is if the sheet includes an ARRAYFORMULA() particularly if it is using a column reference e.g. =ARRAYFORMULA(A:A) ... not tested my theory/memory