Approval of Add-on

Chris Webb

Apr 23, 2019, 2:23:05 PM4/23/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I've submitted an Add-on update for an add-on that I already have published in the webstore, however, the submissions team are being very awkward, and I'm running into a few issues with getting it accepted:

  1. The short description and post install message won't update no matter what I do
  2. I'm using the red error messages, but they say that these aren't allowed, I've added dialogue boxes, but they still want the red messages not to appear, it just says that they should be avoided, not that they can't be used, I don't have the skills required to get rid of these unless someone can point me in the right direction?
  3. They asked for test credentials for an API (bit.ly) but they need to register an account to make this work, as they have to login...
Has anyone overcome one or all of these issues?

Romain Vialard

Apr 23, 2019, 2:30:47 PM4/23/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi Chris,

  1. short description and post install message: I suppose the will be updated once approved by the review team?
  2. red error messages: could you give an example? When is one displayed and what does it say?
  3. test credentials: I would advise you to create an account for them and simply provide username & password to let them log in and test everything.

cri...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2019, 1:05:59 PM4/25/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi Romain,

Thanks for your advice, I realised that there was a problem with my try {} catch {}, and that has resolved my red error messages.
I generated a test key, but there seems to be an issue when you do it this way, we'll see what happens.

I'm still having to manually update the info each time however when I submit it, and they're complaining that it's not being updated, but it is.....