Sending email script

am90

Aug 28, 2020, 3:44:13 AM8/28/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to send an email using a send button which I have got working fine but I'm trying to insert part of my sheet table into the email but I'm now a bit lost.

I've created an example of what i'm trying to do here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18NQ4HjO31LiW5quQSSjXYrpj-7SqCaZHyf9j_XaLCmY/edit#gid=1232101730 there is a tab called emailExample and a script to go with it. The sending of the email is fine, the subject information and first part of the message work as expected but now I need to insert cells C3:F26 in the email as well. Please can anyone help with how to go about this?

I've done a mock screenshot of how I mean the final email it to look for reference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Note: The blank rows can be removed if that is possible I just want the ability to show all 26 if they are populated and the first column of emails is just there for later as I want this to be the source of emails the message gets sent to rather than a static email in the script but I haven't figured that out yet. I just put a temp email in the script as well for testing purposes.

email mock.png

Mike Adler

Aug 28, 2020, 6:18:01 AM8/28/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
You basically needs to set up your email using HTML for the table.  Below is a guide to “cheat” using gmail if you don’t know how to build and html table.  Hope it helps...

Aug 28, 2020, 6:29:15 AM8/28/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi, Thanks for sending that, I'll have a read through and see what I can come up with.