Welcome message for the group

Alan Wells

Apr 16, 2020, 6:31:56 PM4/16/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Current Welcome msg:

Welcome to the public Google Apps Script Community!

Please use this group to post questions, seek advice, or share your Apps Script experience.
Before asking a new question, please visit the Apps Script Documentation and this group's past questions.

This community has been created as a new home for the G+ Apps Script community, which moved to archive only on 2 April 2019.

PS Have you seen AppsScriptPulse is a new space to keep up-to-date with the latest contributions from the Google Apps Script community...

Proposed Welcome Message:

Welcome to the public Google Apps Script Community!

Please use this group to post questions, seek advice, or share your Apps Script experience.
Before asking a new question, please visit the Apps Script Documentation and this group's past questions.

This community has been created as a new home for the G+ Apps Script community, which moved to archive only on 2 April 2019.

PS Have you seen AppsScriptPulse is a new space to keep up-to-date with the latest contributions from the Google Apps Script community...

Your email may be visible to members who subscribe to posts by email.
If someone contacts your privately, and you want feedback about the person who contacted you, please contact a group moderator.
To inquire about hiring a developer, post a basic description of your requirements.
If you are a freelancer looking for work, consider a site like: https://www.upwork.com/
It is considered a good practice to ask a person if they can be contacted privately before doing so.

Darren D'Mello

Apr 16, 2020, 11:58:52 PM4/16/20
to Google Apps Script Community
I suggest Apps Script Consultants Directory link of the Google Slide as well.

Andrew Apell

Apr 17, 2020, 12:44:47 AM4/17/20
to Google Apps Script Community
PS: Have you seen AppsScriptPulse? It is a new space to keep up-to-date with the latest contributions from the Google Apps Script community. <feels like some call to action should be added here>

Andrew Roberts

Apr 17, 2020, 6:06:56 AM4/17/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good. I agree on it being good practice to ask permission to PM someone.

Alan Wells

Apr 17, 2020, 9:30:57 AM4/17/20
to Google Apps Script Community
 New Welcome Message:

Welcome to the public Google Apps Script Community!

Please use this group to post questions, seek advice, or share your Apps Script experience.
Before asking a new question, please visit the Apps Script Documentation and this group's past questions.

This community has been created as a new home for the G+ Apps Script community, which moved to archive only on 2 April 2019.

PS: Have you seen AppsScriptPulse?  It is a new space to keep up-to-date with the latest contributions from the Google Apps Script community...  Become a member to get updates from the site.

Your email may be visible to members who subscribe to posts by email.
If someone contacts your privately, and you want feedback about the person who contacted you, please contact a group moderator.
To inquire about hiring a developer, post a basic description of your requirements.
You may be interested in seeing a "Register of Apps Script Consultants" displayed in a Google Slides presentation.  Click the following link:
For a list of people offering add-ons and services see the xxx spreadsheet.
If you are a freelancer looking for work, consider a site like: https://www.upwork.com/
It is considered a good practice to ask a person if they can be contacted privately before doing so.

Suggestions have been added.  If you have additional information/ideas please reply.

Alan Wells

Apr 17, 2020, 9:33:33 AM4/17/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Edit:  Removed line:
For a list of people offering add-ons and services see the xxx spreadsheet.

CBM Services

Apr 17, 2020, 12:57:52 PM4/17/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Alan. I like the changes. It should make the behavior of members a little more aligned to expectations.

Apr 17, 2020, 1:20:05 PM4/17/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Added:
If you post links, your post may be held for review.

Alistair George

Apr 17, 2020, 9:10:34 PM4/17/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi Alan I just saw this rather than link my post here is the vanilla text proposal for evaluation:

Privacy

To register, you will be asked to share your email address or other personal identifying information with us. As provided in these Terms and Conditions, such information will never be distributed to a third party and it will not be publicly visible without your express written consent. Your email address will only be used to send you the Google Apps Script Community newsletter and/or to alert you to any information that you have specifically requested you be notified about.

Use of the Site

The Google Apps Script Community website is a public forum, which is equipped with commenting facilities. We do not tolerate harassment in any form and we ask you to be courteous and considerate to your fellow users. We appreciate you may not agree with the ideas or views expressed by others and whilst we encourage debate, we remind you that these discussions should remain civilized. Your posts must not be used to distribute spam messages, commercial advertisements, or spread links to malicious or dangerous websites.

Users violating any of these rules will be removed.

Disclaimer

We cannot guarantee forum content accuracy or the safety of any external links it might contain. Google Apps Script Community, as well as its owners, affiliates, and contributing authors can therefore not be held responsible for any problems or damage that occurs as a result of making use of material contained on our site.

Copyright

Members posts are in the public domain, and as such no copyright applies.

Contacts

Should you have any further questions about these Terms and Conditions, or if you encounter difficulties while navigating and using the site, please contact site admins, as promulgated below:
Moderators of this group are: