help google sheet script - retrieving a value from each sheet of a spreadsheet

Lorenzo

Oct 21, 2020, 3:18:36 AM10/21/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi,
I have a big spreadsheet with a lot of sheets and I need to summarize some results in the last sheet. I need a script that can get the value of a cell (for example A1) from each sheets and then write them down.

the output that I need is such a array:
sheet1cellA1value
sheet2cellA1value
sheet3cellA1value

Can someone help me please?
Kind Regards

gilbert_RGI

Oct 21, 2020, 5:41:50 AM10/21/20
to Google Apps Script Community

hello Lorenzo;
Something like this the last sheet being
the summary sheet
the repatriated cell is A1

function recapA1(){
var ss = SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSpreadsheet();
var spreadsheet = SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSpreadsheet().getSheetByName("Récap");
var s = ss.getSheets();
var nSheets =  ss.getNumSheets();
for (var i=0;i<nSheets;i++){
  if (i===nSheets-1){}else{
    spreadsheet.getRange(i+1,1).setValue(ss.getSheetByName(s[i].getName()).getRange("A1").getValue());
  }  }
}

Greetings

Gilbert

Darren D'Mello

Oct 21, 2020, 6:12:08 AM10/21/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Why not use importrange formula?

Lorenzo

Oct 21, 2020, 6:27:18 AM10/21/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi Gilbert,
thank you for the help!
unfortunately I get this error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'getRange' of null (line 8).
I tried with a new spreadsheet with only 2 sheets with some random values in the A1 cell too.

gilbert_RGI

Oct 21, 2020, 7:54:31 AM10/21/20
to Google Apps Script Community
the last sheet must be "Recap" and that there is data in A1 in all the sheets

Elisa B

Oct 21, 2020, 3:53:02 PM10/21/20
to Google Apps Script Community
@Gilbert,
Est-ce que cela ne viendrait-il pas de la ligne
  var s = ss.getSheets();
au lieu de
  var ss = ss.getSheets();
Elisa

RGI Gilbert

Oct 21, 2020, 4:07:40 PM10/21/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Non chez moi ça fonctionne

gilbert_RGI

Oct 22, 2020, 4:04:15 AM10/22/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com

@Lorenzo

to avoid the error of the missing data in A1 in the sheets to be retrieved I improved the code

function recapA1(){
var ss = SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSpreadsheet();
var spreadsheet = SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSpreadsheet().getSheetByName("Récap");
var s = ss.getSheets();
var nSheets =  ss.getNumSheets();
var a = 0
for (var i=0;i<nSheets;i++){
  if (ss.getSheetByName(s[i].getName()).getRange("A1").getValue()==""){a++;}else{
  if (i===nSheets-1){}else{
    spreadsheet.getRange((i+1)-a,1).setValue(ss.getSheetByName(s[i].getName()).getRange("A1").getValue());
  }  } } }

@ Elisa non surtout pas ;-)))

Lorenzo

Oct 22, 2020, 5:39:40 AM10/22/20
to Google Apps Script Community
I still getting an error :
Exception: You do not have permission to call setValue (line 10).

my last sheet in the spreadsheet is called "Récap"
all the A1 cell have a random value

Unfortunately I don't know the google script code and I don't have time to learn it.  :S Thank you for your help

gilbert_RGI

Oct 22, 2020, 5:47:39 AM10/22/20
to Google Apps Script Community
are you the owner of the file ???? if not you need the owner's modification permissions

have you given permissions to the scripts to run ?

gilbert_RGI

Oct 22, 2020, 5:57:54 AM10/22/20
to Google Apps Script Community
consolidation1.gif

Lorenzo

Oct 22, 2020, 6:09:46 AM10/22/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the video.
I was calling the function inserting in a cell =recapA1() instead running the script. That's why it didn't work.
Now it works fine.

Ing. Lorenzo Rossini
Mobile (I): +39 333 3107773
Mobile (CH) : +41 (0)76 7009024
Mail: lorenzo...@gmail.com

Lorenzo

Oct 22, 2020, 6:11:07 AM10/22/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the video.
I was inserting the function =recapA1() in a cell instead of running the script. That's why it didn't work!

Elisa B

Oct 22, 2020, 7:20:37 PM10/22/20
to Google Apps Script Community
@Gilbert,
oui, j'ai vu mon erreur, s range tous les noms des feuilles du tableau   :)
Elisa