Sign in with Google temporarily disabled

Andrew Apell

Apr 29, 2020, 8:04:51 AM4/29/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Some of my users are reporting that they are getting the dreaded "Sign in with Google temporarily disabled" error when trying to install my add-on or shortly afterwards.
One user reported that, if one logs out of the second account (in case one is logged into 2 accounts at the same time), the problem goes away; I haven't verified this.
Does anyone know what's going on and how to resolve this?

PS: My add-on is already approved, in case you're wondering.

Andrew Roberts

Apr 29, 2020, 9:27:04 AM4/29/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Google recently updated the requirement that the privacy policy had to come from a secure site - have you checked for anything in the Marketplace SDK, OAuth consent screen and credentials?

Martin Hawksey

Apr 29, 2020, 9:31:42 AM4/29/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
  I had a similar issue for a container bound script I distribute  https://tags.hawksey.info/forums/topic/tags-6-1-doesnt-work-anymore/ (never got to the bottom of the issue and not sure if it was a temporary problem ... as it's a container bound distribution the script can't be verified - not sure if this is a factor. Also tried with a number of gmail.com accounts and was unable to replicate)

--
Martin Hawksey

Latest tweet (see how):

A bulk #GSuite email/mail merge with Gmail and Google Sheets solution evolution ... (preview of an update to the #GSuiteDevs Solution Gallery example I had published last year https://t.co/6viMWEHuDu #GoogleAppsScript pic.twitter.com/F2urK8LhFU

— Martin Hawksey #altc (@mhawksey) April 24, 2020

Andrew Apell

Apr 29, 2020, 9:49:16 AM4/29/20
to Google Apps Script Community
@Andrew The entire website is secure.
Most of my other users don't experience this... it appears to occur randomly.

@Martin Why can't a container bound script be verified?

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 at 13:04, Andrew Apell <chis...@gmail.com> wrote:
Some of my users are reporting that they are getting the dreaded "Sign in with Google temporarily disabled" error when trying to install my add-on or shortly afterwards.
One user reported that, if one logs out of the second account (in case one is logged into 2 accounts at the same time), the problem goes away; I haven't verified this.
Does anyone know what's going on and how to resolve this?

PS: My add-on is already approved, in case you;re wondering.

Martin Hawksey

Apr 29, 2020, 11:06:37 AM4/29/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
@Martin Why can't a container bound script be verified?

Hi Andrew - the source container bound script can be verified but as soon as someone makes a copy of the Google Sheet the copied version is unverified (it can be verified but the person copying goes through the verification process. Generally this is an issue for gmail.com as scripts shared and run in a G Suite domain don't use the same unverified prompts https://developers.google.com/apps-script/guides/client-verification#applicability )