Theia IDE

Andrew Roberts

Nov 19, 2019, 5:33:16 AM11/19/19
to Google Apps Script Community
VSCode seems to be the goto IDE for offline deving, clasp users. So just wanted to bring the communities attention to the Theia IDE which builds on VSCode.

Does anyone have experence with it?

I've been dabbling with VSCode and clasp, but must say so far haven't found that the nicer dev experience outweighs the extra steps to get your code deployed.

Faustino Rodriguez

Nov 20, 2019, 8:03:49 AM11/20/19
to Google Apps Script Community
not to overcome the cumbersome relationship between VSC and Clasp, but there is a VSC-like app in the Cloud, linked to GitHub projects, it is Gitpod

Andrew Roberts

Nov 20, 2019, 8:56:50 AM11/20/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I did see that (in fact it was how I found Theia, or maybe the other way round??). What does GitPod give us when developing Apps Script - it seems to be all about tool chains.