Google Form Submissions

George

Jul 19, 2021, 1:39:16 PM7/19/21
to Google Apps Script Community
I have a system setup where customers can submit requests for service by filling out a form in Google Forms which then saves the data in a spreadsheet and calls the submit trigger on the spreadsheet to process the request.

What I am seeing at times is some customers submit the same request multiple times (separated by hours at times) and months at others.

 I suspect the form they submitted was saved in their browser history and by navigating back to that page and pressing enter, they wind up submitting the same form again accidentally.

 I would like to ask the group here if there is a strategy they use to prevent such accidental submissions. In HTML5 forms, you can set it up to wipe the data after submission which would prevent resubmissions, I am not able to find such a setting in Google Forms (besides the setting to only accept one submission per user, but that would not work for me as sometimes customers do submit multiple requests on purpose).

 Any ideas or advice is appreciated.

 Thanks.

Alan Wells

Jul 19, 2021, 2:00:18 PM7/19/21
to Google Apps Script Community
Is the setting for:
Respondents can: Edit after submit unchecked?
Also, under the Presentation tab, there is a setting for:
Show link to submit another response?
Is that unchecked?
Other than that, I don't think there is anything that you can do except stop using a Google Form and use something else.
What else you'd use depends on the amount of usage you get.  An Apps Script Web App could be used if you don't get lots of users on the Web App all at the same time.