How to create a Complaint Management System

Bafana Kgotlello

May 9, 2024, 3:41:03 AMMay 9
to Google Apps Script Community
I wish to get some guidance on how to create a Complaint Management System. I have no prior experience with Google Apps Script and JavaScript. Any resources or structure on how to go about it. I have made promises to at least present a demo of what I am trying to do in 2 weeks' time, I'm in between a rock and a hard place.

Andrew Roberts

May 9, 2024, 4:16:02 AMMay 9
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
The simplest way would be to simply have a public Google Form for complaints, have the responses go to a spreadsheet and manually manage the complaints there. You could then add extra features with Apps Script later: email notifications, automatic replies, deadlines, etc.

On Thu, 9 May 2024 at 08:40, Bafana Kgotlello <kgotlel...@gmail.com> wrote:
I wish to get some guidance on how to create a Complaint Management System. I have no prior experience with Google Apps Script and JavaScript. Any resources or structure on how to go about it. I have made promises to at least present a demo of what I am trying to do in 2 weeks' time, I'm in between a rock and a hard place.

DME

Jun 3, 2024, 8:57:23 AM (14 days ago) Jun 3
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com

Absolutely, that's a straightforward and effective approach. Here's a step-by-step guide to setting up a Google Form for complaints:

  1. Create a Google Form:

    • Go to Google Forms: https://docs.google.com/forms.
    • Click on the "+" button to create a new form.
    • Customize your form by adding questions related to the complaints. For example, you might include fields for the complainant's name, email, description of the complaint, etc.
  2. Link the Form to a Spreadsheet:

    • In your Google Form, click on the Responses tab.
    • Click on the Google Sheets icon to create a new spreadsheet to store the form responses. This will automatically link the form to the spreadsheet.
  3. Manually Manage Complaints:

    • Open the linked spreadsheet to view and manage the form responses. You can manually review, categorize, and resolve complaints directly within the spreadsheet.
  4. Add Extra Features with Apps Script:

    • Once the basic setup is in place, you can enhance the functionality using Google Apps Script.
    • For example, you could set up email notifications to alert you when a new complaint is submitted, send automatic replies to the complainant, set deadlines for resolving complaints, etc.

Setting up a Google Form for complaints provides a simple and efficient way to collect feedback and manage complaints. With the flexibility of Google Apps Script, you can customize and extend the functionality to suit your specific needs and workflow.