correct fields to modify appscript.json(manifest file)

Wilson Galter

Jan 22, 2020, 7:31:26 AM1/22/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Is it possible to change the app script manifest file. I tried using display: "fullscreen" but it gives me this error.

Invalid manifest: unknown fields: [display]
{
  "timeZone": "America/Los_Angeles",
   "display": "fullscreen",
  "dependencies": {
  },
  "webapp": {
    "access": "ANYONE_ANONYMOUS",
    "executeAs": "USER_DEPLOYING"
  }
}

Alan Wells

Jan 22, 2020, 9:00:01 AM1/22/20
to Google Apps Script Community
The browser Web App Manifest

is not the same as the Apps Script manifest.

It's possible to change the Apps Script manifest file, but you're trying to add a top level component that doesn't exist.  There is no field for "display"

A Web App only has two sub level fields:

access
executeAs

And all the other manifest file components have nothing to do with a web app.

I did a search and found the following link, but I have no experience with it, and don't know if it's relevant to what you want or not.

The documentation states that Chrome on Android, Firefox, and IE 11+ have a full screen API.

Are you trying to create a Progressive Web App?

Alex

Jan 23, 2020, 3:09:42 AM1/23/20
to Google Apps Script Community
What are you expecting? There is no the property "display".

Wilson Galter

Jan 23, 2020, 3:39:38 PM1/23/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the clarifications on apps script manifest and web app manifest.
I understand it now.

I've also tried the solutions metioned on link suggested on how to load webapps on  full screen. But it's not quite the permanent solution that I'm looking for.
My goal is to give the web app a more android native feel, by just launching the apps script web app from the user home screen via icon and have the web app load without the address bar or back and forward buttons.

"Are you trying to create a Progressive Web App?"
I beleave that the ansewer is YES.
I'm now in process of setting up my Gsuite basic account. Holpfully I'll be able to deploy my apps script web apps this way as Gsuite offers that.

Thank you for the suggestions and support.
Wilson

Alex

Jan 23, 2020, 9:44:12 PM1/23/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
I'm using the kiosk mode for this. GAS doesn't control the client behavior.