A missed interface in DefinitelyTyped

Alexander Ivanov

Apr 5, 2019, 12:52:45 AM4/5/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi!

I noticed that the properties columnStart, columnEnd, rowStart, rowEnd are missed from the description of the Range passed as a property of the argument parameter of the edit event.

They are not in the documentation or in the description of types from Grant.

Should these properties be deprecated?

Alex.

Alan Wells

Apr 5, 2019, 8:05:02 AM4/5/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Methods like getRow() getColumn getLastRow() getLastColumn() can be used on a Sheets range to get the the dimensions of the range.  I've never seen a property name for the Range class.  I'm not sure what would get deprecated?  Deprecated from where?

Alexander Ivanov

Apr 5, 2019, 9:37:30 AM4/5/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
parameter of the edit event

Try something like this

function onEdit(e){
  console
.log(e.range.columnStart);
}

I'm an old dog and I remember when these parameters were still mentioned in the documentation.

Alan Wells

Apr 5, 2019, 10:13:10 AM4/5/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I didn't know that was a possibility.  I can only make a wild guess at what might have happened.  It may have been a "beta" feature that never got implemented.  It might be that the people writing the documentation never knew about it, or failed to include it.  Maybe it's actually a real thing, but failed to get put into the documentation?  Lets start a tag for Apps Script Mysteries.

Alexander Ivanov

Apr 7, 2019, 3:40:35 AM4/7/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I think It's a good idea to start a new tag.

Also I think It was an early version of the API. There is no need to return rows, cols numbers if there is an instance of Range.