Direct scrviz link to your Apps Script github repo, project or owner

Bruce Mcpherson

Mar 6, 2021, 10:16:02 AM3/6/21
to Google Apps Script Community
Thanks to a great idea from Alex Ivanov, scrviz now can take a direct link to focus on a project, repo or person.

For example
- here's a direct link to one of Alex's projects ready to clone

- and to his own personal card

Here's the writeup

Adam Morris

Mar 6, 2021, 9:38:31 PM3/6/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruce, very interesting project, as always.

I was able to play with this feature successfully on my mac, but it didn't work as expected on my iPad. It looks like it might have something to do with where it's panning to on mobile, for when I click the provided link on my iPad it lands me in the ys and zs part of the tree.

Alex

Mar 7, 2021, 12:43:32 AM3/7/21
to Google Apps Script Community
Thank you Bruce!

This is what I need!

Bruce Mcpherson

Mar 7, 2021, 5:06:06 AM3/7/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Yes I see that. Finding the right place in the d3 viz was tricky, but it seems to work on Mac, windows and chrome book, but not on the iPad either in chrome or safari. I don’t really have the tools to be able to track it down as I don’t use a Mac. You’re welcome to have a look. the project is on GitHub. The module in question is d3chart.vue.

Bruce Mcpherson

Mar 7, 2021, 5:26:04 AM3/7/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Adam - more info if you want to take a look at it from the ipad perspective.

Bruce Mcpherson

Mar 7, 2021, 9:52:29 AM3/7/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Btw .. all okay on Android too.

Alex

Mar 7, 2021, 11:48:26 AM3/7/21
to Google Apps Script Community

Bruce Mcpherson

Mar 7, 2021, 12:03:09 PM3/7/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
It’s not live to the GitHub api. There’s too many rate limitations. The data is updated every few days.

Alex

Mar 7, 2021, 1:12:33 PM3/7/21
to Google Apps Script Community
I noticed that it takes 1-2 days for the updates to appear. Everything is fine.

Bruce Mcpherson

Mar 7, 2021, 1:29:57 PM3/7/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com

Yes, because of rate limits on the GitHub api, it takes an hour or so to create the data. So I only run it every few days. I may step it up a bit once I finish navigating the google oauth verification process.

The creator is here if you’re interested

Bruce Mcpherson

Mar 8, 2021, 6:06:52 AM3/8/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Alex

Your repo has now been enumerated over - you can see how up to date data is by hovering over the node count chip.
image.png

Actually, there are multiple caches.
Local storage sticks for about 2 hours - you can refresh it with the refresh on the toolbar. That'll cause it to go see if there's any new data.

The cloud data cache is refreshed about every 2 days or so - actually when i get round to doing it. I'll put that to a regular cloud schedule at some point.

Updates and stats are recorded here too

Alexander Ivanov

Mar 9, 2021, 1:46:23 AM3/9/21
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com