V8 Error When Passing Null or Undefined between Client and Server.

Christopher Webster

Mar 2, 2020, 9:14:01 PM3/2/20
to Google Apps Script Community

In a web app just updated to V8, I started getting the following error on google.script.run calls:
 "We're sorry a server error occurred. Please wait a bit and try again."
 After closer inspection this error was being triggered whenever the data passed to the  server included an undefined or null value.  What was also strange was that the error was not being recorded in the Stackdriver log.  When I reverted back to the Rhino engine, everything worked again.

Any explanation for this?

Christopher Webster

Mar 3, 2020, 12:40:40 PM3/3/20
to Google Apps Script Community
Just submitted an issue in the IssueTracker: