API console hanging

Scott Nesbitt

Apr 23, 2019, 2:04:00 PM4/23/19
to Google Apps Script Community

My script got the following error:

Error: Error (403) Access Not Configured. Gmail API has not been used in project 269182285374 before or it is disabled. Enable it by visiting https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/gmail.googleapis.com/overview?project=269182285374 then retry.

Fair enough, except when I go to the suggested link it hangs forever (or eventually times out, saying to retry.)

Has anyone seen this? I have tried clearing my cache and restarting, no luck. I have the latest Chrome, and in the Chrome console I see lots of errors.

Thanks,

Scott

ekoleda...@googlers.com

Apr 30, 2019, 8:37:33 AM4/30/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Are you using GmailApp or the Advanced Gmail service? If it's a new script it will be using using a default cloud platform project, which you won't be able to open directly in the cloud console. Instead the API should be toggled on automatically when you enable the advanced service. Sometimes it just takes a few minutes for this change to fully spread through the system.

- Eric
Message has been deleted

Eric Koleda

Apr 30, 2019, 9:15:49 AM4/30/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Apps Script will not create a standard project for you, you need to create it in the GCP console and then use the dialog to switch your script to that new project.

- Eric

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 9:04 AM aj.addons <aj.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd try going into the console directly through the Apps Script code editor.  Resources -> Cloud Platform project -> click the blue link  When you do that, it should automatically create a "standard" cloud platform project.  Note that I don't think that there is anything obvious that tells you whether it's "default" or "standard."  But I hope I'm wrong.  Once you've done that, paste the link into the address bar and see what happens.

On Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 2:04:00 PM UTC-4, Scott Nesbitt wrote:

Message has been deleted

Riël Notermans

Apr 30, 2019, 3:24:22 PM4/30/19
to Google Apps Script Community
In my console they are in a folder 'gsuite' in that view.

Op di 30 apr. 2019 16:05 schreef Alan Wells <aj.a...@gmail.com>:
Sorry that stated some incorrect information.

The documentation states:

When a new Apps Script project is created, a default GCP project is also created behind the scenes. This GCP project is hidden, meaning most users aren't able to directly locate, view, or update the project

I'm focusing on the part that states: This (default) GDP project is hidden

Hidden, meaning that you can't see it.  So, why can I see information about my projects?  If I can see it, then it's not hidden.  If it's not hidden, then does that imply that it's NOT A default project?  I guess not.  Or I'm just one of the lucky few that aren't "most" users.  It states that "most users" aren't able to directly locate it.  Why?  So, what's so special about the users who can locate, and view it?  Where is that explained?  I can use Resources -> Cloud Platform project -> click the blue link, and I see something.  There's a name of my project and the project ID.  I can see a list of projects.

GCP Stuff.jpg

Included is an image of a list of some of my projects.  I never explicitly added any of them as "standard" projects.  So, why can I see them?  Default projects are supposed to be hidden.  Unless you aren't one of those mysterious "most users"  Can someone please explain to me the difference between the "most users" who can't see the default project and the other mysterious people?

Riël Notermans

Apr 30, 2019, 4:06:50 PM4/30/19
to Google Apps Script Community
image.png

Riël Notermans

Op woensdagen vrij • Zzapps B.V. • High Tech Campus 9, 5656 AE Eindhoven • T 040 711 41 94 • E ri...@zzapps.nl • www.zzapps.nl
WIJ MAKEN HET ONDENKBARE MOGELIJK

Eric Koleda

May 1, 2019, 8:34:03 AM5/1/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
That's correct. For users in a G Suite organization their projects are added to a GCP directory that the administrators can access. For consumer users (@gmail.com, etc) their projects are not accessible at all.

- Eric